Darkky Minecraft Server Forum

Full Version: Discussion of organized religion, the existence of God(s), and theism in general
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread serves to provide as a discussion ground for any and all topics dealing with theism, particularly those directed at organized religion and the existence of God. Is any particular religion true? Is religion a necessity in a functioning society? How is "God" defined? Do arguments for the existence (or nonexistence) of God logically follow? These and related questions are the sort that will be addressed here.

Because of the broad scope of this topic and the potential sensitivity some might feel towards it, please adhere to these basic rules:
  • No flaming. Criticism is expected and welcome; baseless attacks on members are not.
  • Stay on-topic.The discussion at hand covers an enormous spectrum of often ambiguous thought -- clarity is essential and spam is unnecessary.
  • No proselytizing (i.e., preaching or attempts at conversion). In order to maintain an open, intellectual arena for discourse, religious claims should not be asserted out of hand.
Keep in mind that the current specific topic being discussed does not need to be continually addressed until resolved or forgotten -- members are free to put forth new ideas, even in the midst of ongoing discussions. (One group of people might be discussing the validity of the ontological argument for the existence of God, for example, while another might be discussing the implications of teaching Intelligent Design in science classes.)

Traditionally, in Western thought, "God" is used in reference to the Abrahamic God (i.e., the omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient deity of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity). Note that my mentions of "God" are not limited to that character, and reference both the deistic and pantheistic God, as well as any deity associated with a monotheistic religion.

All members, regardless of age or education, are encouraged to participate.
Is it a Catholic religion?
Good evening. God is a higher and perfect Substance for me. There is not and can’t be more powerful than Him. I got an understanding of God more than ten years ago. That was the first time my aunt took me to the church. Unfortunately, I have dropped out of the ritual life now. However, I have formed my part which I adhere to. That’s why I try to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus nowadays. Btw, everyone can believe in anything he wants. The most important thing is to remain kind and honest. God is a concept by which we get rid of the pain.