Darkky Minecraft Server Forum

Full Version: How I literally started an Amazon business in about 1 month for about $1K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. Listen. This is not a plug for anything, this is me trying to help you. In my opinion, all the info you need to start an Amazon business is on YouTube, Reddit, and podcasts. In my humble opinion, you'd be a fool to pay thousands for a course or bootcamp, when you could spend that on product.

I did it with $1k and in about a month. Below is how I did it, step by step, with very specific examples from my process. Before I dove into this world, the phrase "start a business" was intimidating to me. What? How? Isn't that for Stanford MBA's, folks with millions of dollars, etc.? Don't you need an earth-shattering idea that will change the world? No, and NO!!! You need some common sense, willingness to put in about 100 hours in a month, and a thousand bucks. Note: if you have anything more than $1000 to devote to this, it only makes it easier, but I did this with less than $1000.
Your success depending on whether or not the item is PL, wholesale, or dropship. Dropship margins are not worth discussing - I mean, when I dropped out of it completely years ago, I was doing $14+ million/year in gross sales with a 4-5% margin before company expenses. It was awful. If I'm honest, I prob average in the 30-40% range( I noticed it thanks to https://myrealprofit.com/blog/amazon-fba...ba-vs-fbm/), and a big resounding YES - the margin has gone down significantly, mostly due to skyrocketing PPC costs.
Thankfully for my last job, I was in charge of shipping orders to customers and saw how much the company was giving to Amazon. That knowledge helped me to not just jump into making a seller account right away. After months of being on the fence without fully making a decision, this has helped me with my initial gut feeling of staying away from them. Thank you!
Running a business on Amazon is difficult, but it has many benefits. You will need to meet customer expectations for your business to be successful. I found it helpful to look into selling books on amazon . It helps me develop my sales.