• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early 80s Men's TT 18K/SS Jubilee
Hey Everyone - new here and thanks for the add. Not new to the world of cool watches.

Hope I'm posting in the right spot, apologies if I'm not.
I had a question and I was hoping this group could help.
I'm looking for some general information on the specs for the early 1980s (say 81/82) men's two-tone steel/18k gold jubilee bracelet, synthetic/plastic crystal Rolex.

For some reason I thought it was that 38mm watch? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Although I thought I also heard that it was 36mm, did it come in two sizes?

If recall the two-tone with the oyster style bracelet was had slightly smaller case and, of course the ladies model with jubilee bracelet was quite a bit smaller.

But my question is on the men's tt, jubilee watch - was that in fact 38mm? I'm pretty sure it wasn't 40mm. I think that came later.

Thanks in advance and thanks again for the add.

Rolex didn't offer larger cases in the Detejust or OP line until 2009.

Ah, the early '80s Rolex two-tone with the jubilee bracelet—what a classic! You’re spot on with the 36mm size. The men’s models from that era, especially those with the jubilee bracelet, were usually 36mm. I’ve never seen an 18k/SS in 38mm, so it’s likely you're thinking of something else. The 40mm versions, like the Submariner, did come later.Funny enough, I once picked up a watch I thought was a 38mm, only to find out later it was indeed 36mm. I’ve also dabbled with different brands, and while checking out replicapatekphilippe.io, I found their pieces quite impressive for what they are—definitely worth a look if you're into exploring other styles.