• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal online Poker in the USA
Hi all, I have been playing online poker on poker stars for 5 years here in the USA. I am lucky enough to live in a legal state.

First off this is NOT a post talking about rigged sites or bad beats. I wills say in the past I have had many thoughts and feelings going both ways.

My story is a bit funny. When we got online poker I thought it was awful and rigged, though I had only been playing poker about 2 years.
Then COVID game, and out of boredom and desperation I started playing online cash games on stars, and wow, now I could win. It helped that the player pool when up over 12000 percent from an average of 1000 a day to 12,000. So naturally the skill level required to win was not too high. I was not using poker tracker, but was winning about 30 dollars a day playing 30 nl.

I was a terrible player though with tons of leaks, though I have good instincts in many ways that helped.

I have been studying poker and am going through Split Suits math pre flop book for the second time. To be honest, the first time I powered through it and probably would have only got a D on a test. I was a math major and very good at complex math, but I never had a natural feel for the simpler forms of math, though with practice and everything I understand that kind of math and can do it in my head. But it took a lot of practice and work. For some reason Calculus and more advanced forms of math came easy, yet I struggles to do simple poker math to some degree. I am not being modest or humble bragging, it's just how it happens.

The surge in player numbers during the pandemic created a unique learning and growth environment. It's commendable how you've embraced the challenge and focused on improving your game, even diving into studying pre-flop strategies. Your journey through math and poker is relatable, showing that mastering the game involves both skill and dedication. If you're ever looking for additional resources to enhance your skills, I highly recommend checking out Essential Strategies and  Tips for Poker. It's been a game-changer for me, providing valuable insights and strategies.