• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitor vs Television, Help Me Decide
For about the last 10 years I have been gaming on a PC exclusively.

Prior to that it was about 70 -30 ratio console to PC.

The reason for the majority console play is that I played mostly BF and some racing games.

Then I found MMOs like WoTs and War Thunder and completely abandoned the console.

About a month ago I got the itch to play some racing games and decided I would get a PS5 so I could play GT7.

When I got the PS5 I decided I would get a "gaming" TV as well.

The only one I could find locally was a Samsung cu7000 43 inch at Best Buy. From what I could see it was considered a "gaming" TV, or one that was favorable for gaming.

Being that I've played a PC exclusively for so long I sit at my desk and play the PS5 just like I would my PC.

So when I play my PC I play on a Dell 32 inch 4k gaming monitor, G3223Q. And when I play my console I play on the TV which is also 4k.

I'm wondering if it would just be better to use one monitor/TV for both.

Right now about 70% of my gaming is DCS World and when using my HOTAS it moves me a little further from the viewing source. Therefore the TV and increased "real estate" would be nice.

But I know right out of the gate I would be sacrificing FPS. Would it be worth it?

What else should I consider? What would you do?

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated.

TVs are meant to be viewed from a greater distance than a monitor is. The can have impact on viewing angles and "sharpness".

I did the same thing recently when I set up my own gaming area. I went with a Samsung TV, too. For a cleaner setup, I used a wall mount from https://tecnotools.com.au/collections/monitor-arms-vesa, which helped keep things organized and gave me more space. If you’re looking to improve your setup, consider using a mount to get your TV at the perfect height and angle.