• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling Stupid with my Dead Battery Experience
My car had a nail in it and I was waiting for black friday to replace all 4 tires because it already has about 31,000 miles. I thought it was 35,000, don't know if the dead battery made things funky. So I didn't drive my car for a month or so I just drove my mom's. She had a stroke so I have been staying with her and taking her car. I was going to run my car to make sure the battery is okay today but it so happens that today it died.

So I have my trunk full of stuff. To get to the battery I have to access the trunk.

Now when the battery dies you can't close your door because the window doesn't go down without battery and will prevent it from closing. I can't adjust my driver's side seat because the power is dead. I had to unlock the door manually then unlock the passenger side with my fingers and then pop open the back seat release pull out all my stuff then crawl in to the emergency latch. Then remove my Husky trunk mat and then finally get to the battery.

I hope it isn't bad for my car. I used Chrysler's service for a jump start service. The guy used a portable battery to jump it but it failed twice. then he used his car and it seemed to have juiced a lot of his battery, but after 2 minutes I started my car. I've left it running for about 40 minutes. How much longer should I have it run?

I was going to drive it around but it still has the nail. I ordered the Continental tires for black Friday it's coming in Monday and i'll probably make an appointment later in the week to have it installed. i got it at discount tires as recommended by some of you guys, it's called America's tire where i'm at.

I'll probably not let my car sit for this long again. Is having a dead battery bad. I haven't turned off my car but my alarm system seems to not be working, gotta see if everything else is fine after I stop the car and start it again.

I would suggest that you purchase a Battery Tender or similar type of maintenance charger & charge your battery using the connections in the engine compartment. Battery Tenders are available at most auto parts stores, Walmart, etc.

Letting the car run for a bit longer might help, but if the battery is on its way out, it might be worth considering a replacement soon. When I had a similar problem, I found that running the car at idle doesn’t always do much to recharge the battery, especially if it’s already weak. If you end up stuck again, I used https://stuck.solutions/ when I was in a pinch, and they were really quick to help out. Also, for the tire, I’d definitely fill it up with air before driving to your appointment, just to be safe.