• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music
Hello!

I just wanted to give some feedback to the music of the game and also throw in my opinion.

First, i'd highly recommend to use instrumental music. It just doesn't feel right to hear e.g. Trixie's voice or generally words or phrases in the background music. It's background-music afterall.

Secondly i'd also recommend not to use music from other games. This is not "Fighting is Magic", and despite FiM being cancelled, the Music belongs to this game.
Even if you're not a musician and can't create your own music, there are still enough unused MLP inspired Battle-Themes floating around the web.

As third aspect, i'd recommend to use different battle themes for bossfights and normal fights. Or even have a specific theme for each boss.
This is the first game of this kind i played where the music in normal fights and bossfights is the same. Because of this, bossfights just don't feel special, like they should. A few good examples for boss-themes would be DasDeer - BPFF, The Lunar War - From Rarity to Extinction or Wintergreen - Monarch, though the latter two are already planned to be used in other games.

These are my two cents regarding the music of this game.
I know you're concentrating more on the mechanics and getting the game done, but i think more fitting music could greatly improve gameplay experience and overall quality.
I hope this thread will also be used by others to state their opinion.

1. The game is designed for bronies or mlp community. And the fan music are mostly about background musics in the game.
2. That fighting is magic theme music is good for RPG. So it will remain unchanged. Look, this is a giving/friendship based community, if you just say the music belongs to xxx, animation belongs to Hasbro, the game belongs to me, and etc. We are all end up breaking apart this very fandom. Also, I do make my own music. Except they aren't public and they are House electronics music that doesn't fit for this game.
3. I might or might not add such function. Since players can easily change battle background music, why not just choose their favorites instead me the default.

Lastly, get me some musicians. So I wouldn't have to Google music to use in the game.
shadow-LEOCA@USNTK@AKIAMSEAAIE@VATDNUMCNOS@

(02-16-2013, 01:39 AM)harvard1932 Wrote: 1. The game is designed for bronies or mlp community. And the fan music are mostly about background musics in the game.

While i have to agree, there is more than enough instrumental brony music floating around the web. I think that could be perfect.

(02-16-2013, 01:39 AM)harvard1932 Wrote: 2. That fighting is magic theme music is good for RPG. So it will remain unchanged. Look, this is a giving/friendship based community, if you just say the music belongs to xxx, animation belongs to Hasbro, the game belongs to me, and etc. We are all end up breaking apart this very fandom. Also, I do make my own music. Except they aren't public and they are House electronics music that doesn't fit for this game.

I guess i expressed myself the wrong way. This isn't what i meant.
I mean if one hears the Fighting is Magic theme, he/she instantly associates it with Fighting is Magic. But this here isn't Fighting is Magic, it's a different game.
It's just my opinion that it would be nice for this game to use music that doesn't remind one of other games. That doesn't mean you have to agree.

(02-16-2013, 01:39 AM)harvard1932 Wrote: Lastly, get me some musicians. So I wouldn't have to Google music to use in the game.

I don't know much instrumental brony musicians because normally i don't care much about instrumental music.
But after a quick look i found a few:
Thyrai
DasDeer
Wintergreen
Delta Brony
PhonyBrony

There are much more, but i don't know many of them because i mostly ignore the instrumental music compilations on EQD.

I rarely look for music, I just put my favorite pony related tracks into the game if it fits by any bits.
shadow-LEOCA@USNTK@AKIAMSEAAIE@VATDNUMCNOS@

Here is suggest you a website for queensland max free movies. The website has old and new content to entertain people. Also, you'll watch the TV series on the same platform.