• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Bible do you use?
After doing a little research and looking at some of the topic topics here, I thought it might be the best website to browse and engage in discussions about the beautiful Catholic faith.
I would like to ask a question. Which Bible do you use?
For personal study, I use the Douay-Rheims version; I came to this Bible in 2013 after learning about it from Joel Peters' pamphlet "Only the Holy Scriptures? 21 Reasons to abandon Sola Scriptura."
For Church use, I use the New American Bible, which I also use when I don't understand the wording in the DRV.
I do treat many of the footnotes in NAB with distrust, because I understand that they do not necessarily fall under the License and in many cases contain Protestant influences.
Which version of the Bible do you use?
Thank you in advance to everyone who decides to share.

I usually stick to the fact that this is too personal a topic

I am only in search of my favorite one, so it would be interesting to read the answers to your question together. Recently I started going to church sometimes, as my mom insists on it. I wouldn't say that I really like it, but I don't want to upset her, so I try to find advantages for myself in this. I like some quotes from the Bible, as they calm me down and give me confidence. I find them among the words of my pastor, or in articles like inspirational bible verses. I am still studying, so I would be glad if you would answer and advise me something in this topic