• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boring Proxy or Cloud Flare Tunnel
I am user and I am wondering if anyone is using Boring Proxy or Cloudflare Tunnels to serve their locally hosted Yunohost applications to the internet instead of DNS, DDNS, and portforwarding. If so, is there a guide anywhere? With Boring Proxy, which VPS are you using? I tried Boring Proxy on Hetzner to serve to Ubuntu docker containers and had some trouble installing on the VPS end.
You might ask:
Why not just install Yunohost on the VPS instead?
Because I would like to have a large number of files on my server and I don’t want to pay for a ton of storage when I can pay for a low resource VPS that only serves as a proxy and tunnel manager in one simple GUI app.
Why not just do all the portforwarding and DNS configuration and a VPN tunnel? we already have that and have made it as simple as possible.
It is very complicated and intimidating to people who are just trying to teach themselves how to do this stuff. Boring Proxy has made the tunnel and proxy management as simple as Yunohost has made the installation of a server and installation of applications.

I had never heard of BoringProxy before, seems very interesting. There are plenty of advantages of having a gateway (on a VPS) separated from the main server.

I've heard of folks using Boring Proxy or Cloudflare Tunnels to simplify this process, but I haven't personally delved into it yet. However, I can definitely understand the appeal of having a streamlined solution, especially if you're just starting out and trying to learn the ropes.It's frustrating when things don't go smoothly, like your experience with Hetzner. Exploring other VPS options might be worth considering. Have you looked into 5G proxies? They could offer a different approach that might suit your needs better.