• ¡Welcome to Square Theme!
  • This news are in header template.
  • Please ignore this message.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Jet Day Trip - Denver to New York
The two sweetest words in private aviation are "EMPTY LEG". An empty leg occurs when a private jet is chartered from a specific airport and the operator needs to fly to that airport to pick up the client. Our Denver charter company offers these otherwise empty flights to clients for a nominal price, especially at the last minute. The downside is that one has to fly back commercial, which is fine if there is convenient commercial service coming home.

Today’s trip to Teterboro NJ was the perfect storm with the right morning departure time, and enough time to pop into New York City, have lunch, see a few sights on a gorgeous 80 degree day, and get to Newark via Blade helicopter for the last United flight of the day back to Denver. Today’s empty leg is on an older ancient (like many Delta jets LOL) Lear 35A, a small or light jet. Capable of carrying 7 passengers, it is really only comfortable for 1 or 2 passengers on 3+ hour flight like today.

Cloudy morning at Centennial Airport.

Denver APA to Teterboro TEB
Lear 35A (only 41 years old... LOL)
9:00am MT -2:25p ET
June 13, 2023

Another very special trip. But why not doing some city climb? No good life insurance?

I recently had a similar experience. I booked an empty leg from LA to Seattle with private charter flights, and it was such a steal. The flexibility and convenience were incredible, even if the plane was a bit older.  Like you, I had to fly back commercial, but it was totally worth it. I spent the day exploring Pike Place Market, grabbing some fresh seafood, and enjoying the waterfront. It felt like a mini-vacation squeezed into one day.